Monday, March 16, 2009

Banana Cupcakes with Cinnamon Frosting
Makes 12

I promise this is my last naughty recipe for the week. I whipped these out last night with all the mushy, black bananas I have laying around my kitchen and with my first half-marathon since before the pregnancy on Saturday in DC, I gotta start laying off all these evil treats that tempt me pink! More healthy recipes to come. Promise!

1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 butter, melted and cooled somewhat
1 1/2 cups banana, mushed
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together- please sift. Beat eggs in the bowl with butter until pale yellow and thick in texture, add sugar, and beat. Add vanilla. Now add the dry ingredients stirring JUST till combined and finally, fold in mushed bananas. Scoop into cupcake molds and bake for roughly 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool, and then frost with frosting below.


Frosting

1 stick butter, softened, aka, at room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar, sifted please
1 dash milk if needed to thin it out
1 tsp almond extract
Cinnamon to taste

Combine the butter and sugar, beating on medium speed until a frosting texture comes together. Add milk if needed. Add extract, cinnamon, beat some more, and spread on cooled cupcakes.

No comments: