Sunday, August 23, 2009

I'm Just Saying


So, as far as fish goes, I do have more tilapia recipes than anything else. I purchased quite a large frozen bag of it a couple months ago, so we've come to really appreciate and understand the tilap (my new abbreviation for Tilapia).

This recipe is easy, quick, and well, very very simple but we all need recipes like these for crazy days, agreed?

I don't quite remember what the exact measurements were (shame shame!!), but you know. Improvise.

Breaded Tilap with Aioli

2 fillets of tilap, thawed
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 egg
Salt and Pepper
Olive oil
Butter

1/2 cup mayo
2 cloves garlic
Lemon juice


Take fishies and dry off with paper towel. In one bowl, beat the egg. In another bowl, combine the two different bread crumbs. In a skillet over medium high heat, melt a bit of butter and pour a tsp or so of olive oil. Dip each fillet into egg first, then bread crumb mixture, and then put into pan of sizzling oil and butter. Repeat with second tilap fillet. Turn heat down in skillet to medium and cover. Cook on each side for 2 minutes or so.

While fish is cooking (multi-tasking people!) take mayo, garlic, and the juice of one lemon in a food processor-- process until smooth. Adjust garlic and lemon juice to desired taste. Add salt and pepper.

Use the aioli as a dipping sauce for fish.

Please brush your teeth well after wards.
Thank you.


2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Katie

I love this recipe! My mom used to make this when I was little, and I am so glad that you reminded me of it. I will have to make it for Anth!

The John Hollingshaus Family said...

I will have to try this! We miss you guys!!!!