Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Roasted Red Pepper Pasta

Ich bin embarrassed..

I don't really have a recipe for you on this particular dish, but the outcome was quite good so I thought it was worth at least publishing for future tweekage and experimentation.

The other week I had 2 yellow bell peppers crunched in the bottom of my veggie drawer, on the verge of rottation (rotting, you know) & a jar of red roasted peppers in the pantry with a due expiration date... In an ever so common technique used under my roof, I roasted the the two yellow peppers (sliced up, layed out on a pan) with olive oil, salt and pepper, and allowed them to do-their-thang in a hot (400 degrees) oven until soft and tender.

I then took my jar of red roasted peppers, the somewhat cooled sliced yellow pepper, and a couple of fresh garlic cloves, and pureed them in the food processor until I had a nice chunky substance.

With my pasta cooking away in a pot, I took a couple ladle's full of starchy water and added it to the food processor and gave it all another blend until the sauce was more liquefied. I believe a couple tsp's of olive oil were poured in, as well as more salt and pepper.

Once the pasta was done and my sauce was the right texture, I combined the two, garnished with some cheese, pine nuts, a toss, and walla! Another wacky pasta concoction.

No comments: