Monday, March 8, 2010

More Junk!


I have been craving these little puppies ever since I saw them on Nie's recipe blog and seeing that we owed friends some cookies, decided to give these ones a whirl.

The thing that is unbelievable is how many dozens of oodles of times I've come to a halt on this recipe while flipping through a favorite cookbook, Ivory Family Favorites, and thought, hmm... I should try this.

Finally! Delicious and cute and a new favorite. I under baked mine slightly so they were just a slight gooey in the middle. I then baked one sheet a minute over and they were too done, so just find the right baking time and make sure to slightly under do it. My batch made 2 dozen and baked to perfection in exactly 9 1/2 minutes.

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
{Ivory Family Favorites Cookbook}

4 oz bittersweet chocolate, melted
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup oil
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups powdered sugar


Mix oil, chocolate and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt. Chill dough for several hours. Shape into balls ( I used a mini ice-cream scoop) and roll in powdered sugar. Bake on greased cookie sheets at 350 for 9-12 minutes. Again, do NOT overbake.

Ta ta!

No comments: