Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Kiwi Sorbet


Oh my oh my, I luv a good sorbet!

And because it's spring already, in my meteorologist opinion, despite all that March 21st stuff, I'm head over heels for this recipe. Let me warn you: it has quite the zing effect from the tartness, sweetness, and coldness hitting your taste buds all at the same moment. For my palate, that is a very good thing! Hmm.

This recipe is a combination of many different ones I found online. You may add lemon or lime juice to just slightly enhance the flavors or exercise your liberty in leaving it out. Your choice.

This recipe should serve about 6, if you're curious.

There you go. Hope it's a beautiful day where ever you are. Gotta get outside now!


Kiwi Sorbet

6-8 kiwi's
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup water
Lemon or lime juice

Bring water and sugar to a boil to make simple syrup. Remove from heat, stir until sugar is completely dissolved, then let cool.

Peel kiwi's, chop, and puree in a food processor to make 2 cups of puree.

Add syrup, kiwi puree, and 2 Tbsp lemon or lime juice in an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions, letting it churn until you get your desired consistency.



1 comment:

liz hawkins said...

I love how you say it "should" serve 6. My kind of gal!