Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Raspberry Almond Bread



Goodness. I promise we eat more than cookies, scones, and bread around here despite the image I'm portraying.
The thing is that when it comes to recipes, I am a complete practicer of instant gratification. Guilty!!!
My husband thinks the only books I read are cooking related ones. Not true. But I spend a good amount of time finding things to be inspired from and to glean ideas from. This recipe was actually discovered while recipe-blog-surfing late one night last weekend and we made it the next day. I was instantly gratitified and pleased and it is a true, quick bread winner to have in your recipe anthology! Loved every bite and poor bread didn't have much of a long life span in our apartment.

Raspberry Almond Bread
2 cups all-purpose flour (we used whole wheat)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp almond extract (I think I used a bit more:))
2 eggs
1 stick butter, at room temperature
2 Tbsp sour cream
1/3 cup sliced almonds
1 cup fresh raspberries
Brown sugar and extra sliced almonds for topping
Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan. Preheat the oven to 325.
In a bowl, sift the flour, salt, bp and bs together.
In another bowl with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, and then almond extract. Mix in the flour mixture and sour cream alternatively, combining until just incorporated.
Gently fold in raspberries and almonds.
Spoon into prepared loaf pan and sprinkle the top with brown sugar and sliced almonds, if desired. Bake for 55-60 minutes or when toothpick test reveals it's done (mine took 50 minutes, but our oven is speedy gonzalaz!)
Let bread cool in pan for about 20 minutes or so, and then cool completely on a wire rack.

















No comments: