Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sliders


Finally posting something other than chocolate, sorbet, and cake. You'd think that's all I consumed and while that may be partially accurate, we do squeeze in some veggies and meat around here.

Well, my friend Erin introduced us to these sweet babies a couple weeks ago and thanks be to her! I'm really not one to sit in front of my dinner and adore my food with with affections of "ohh it's so cute!" but these little guys had me swinging from oooohhh to ahhhh to eeeee like it was the 4rth of July fireworks.
So, they are "cute" , they are fun to eat, and perhaps more importantly, have a very tasteful and satisfying flavor; it must be the chilies and pepper combined with the Worcestershire (how do YOU pronounce it?) sauce. You'll notice there's a little "punch" with each bite.

Surely you should be able to find miniature hamburger buns at your local market. For toppings, you can go traditional with lettuce, tomato, pickle, etc... Of course in my forgetfulness with pregnancy I left the store without lettuce, but we made do with tomato slices, fry sauce, and pickles and it was plenty good! Fry sauce, btw, is equal parts ketchup and mayo combined. I hear it's only a Utah thing, but trust me, it'll revolutionize your hamburger and fry eating.

This recipe makes a good number of patties; in fact, it can serve at least 4-5 adults, two patties each. At least. We're going to be eating sliders the remainder of the the week; can't complain!

Toodles.


Turkey Sliders

2 lbs ground turkey
1/2 cup minced red onion
1/4 cup minced green onion
1-2 Serrano chilies (or 1 minced jalapeno)
2 egg whites (I just used two whole eggs)
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper

Combine all the ingredients, form into miniature hamburgers. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve warm on buns with the fixings!



1 comment:

H C M said...

gonna try this for sure