Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A New Start to the AM

I've resolved to eat more flaxseed in '11. You CAN get pretty creative with it, I hear, but I'm not one of them. It's ended up in oatmeal, steel-cut oats, smoothies, yogurt, and this, toast.

This lovely-ness happens to be my breakfast as of late. After having been a very religious and devout breakfaster of oatmeal on a daily basis for who knows how many years here, my 2011 breakfasts were starving for some change up! And change has never tasted sooooo goooooddddd......

Here's what you need----

PB Flaxseed Toast:


2 pieces multi-grain bread
1 large slab of natural PB
2 Tbsp whole-kernal flaxseed (the Bob Mill kind)
2 Tbsp raisins, craisins, etc
1 banana, sliced

Toast the bread. Cover it in PB and sprinkle with remaining ingredients, and have a great, energetic day!

No comments: