Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Strawberry Greeeeeeeenn Smoothie

Smoothies.

We do them a lot around here.

Frequently in fact.

I like to stuff them with kale or spinach and blend the life out of it so that a certain 2 year old won't be able to totally pick apart what's in it. It's a great way to start your morning OR the afternoon as a snack.. and it's tasty...really-even with the green leaves in it.

Freshly grated ginger and carrot juice are also nice additions if you're up to it, otherwise, this is our everyday concoction with some occasions calling for other additions that I just mentioned. Carrot juice and ginger are good when you minus the strawberries and UP the orange flavoring.

I think I need one right now. Ciao!

Strawberry Green-mean Smoothie


1 cup frozen strawberries (whole)
1 heaping spoonful frozen orange concentrate
1 large handful spinach or kale (if using kale- remove the tough inner stems)
1 cup milk
1 cup Greek plain yogurt
1 ripe banana


Blend everything together and drink asapers.


1 comment:

Camilla said...

I think I'm going to have to get more smoothies going on at my house.