Monday, June 20, 2011

Tilapia with Pesto and Roasted Tomatoes

I'm going to make this short and sweet for all of us.

It's summer. It's finally warm, and pesto, grilled fish, and tomato-anything are really taking over my mind. The combination makes me feel like I'm on some kick-trash charming, and might I add, private beach residence on Cape Cod sipping snooty sparkling water. Never been there before yet this dish transports me there. This dish is the essence of simplicity-simple minds simple meals.

And ohh.... Cape Cod. Now that's somewhere to go.


Tilapia with Pesto and Roasted Tomatoes

2 fish fillets

2 Tbsp olive oil, separated

Salt and pepper

4 roma tomatoes, halved

Prepared pesto (homemade or store bought)

On a large jelly roll sheet, rub 1 Tbsp olive oil all over each side of each fish fillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss roma tomatoes with the other Tbsp of olive oil and season those as well. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and bake until tomatoes are slightly blackened on edges and the fish is flakey. Serve with pesto.



No comments: