Friday, April 10, 2015

Turmeric Smoothie



Do you ever need an excuse to make yourself a mid-day luxurious smoothie? I can give you a few if you are lacking: you've gracefully tackled the art of potty-training with your otherwise stubborn 3 year old, you awoke far too early this morning, or you deserve to feel healthy, which latter reason is why I typically find myself slaving away to my Blendtec at least 1-2x/day. 


Turmeric is all the rage, and while I typically host internal anathemas towards any kind of hot trends, I have to attest that this current trend may last in my home a long time; indeed, my body feels less "achy" at the end of each day when I've had my dose of turmeric, and there are many other scientific, well-researched evidences of the boon of this spice. This smoothie makes it go down SOOO well.... who-woulda-thunk a couple years ago that turmeric smoothies would even be something worth inhaling. 


Tumeric Smoothie


1 cup unsweetened Almond milk ***(I also make my own hemp milk for this--recipe below)
2 pitted dates
1 ripe banana
1 TBSP turmeric
1 huge handful ice
1 Tsp almond butter or PB (optional)


Blend all together. Partake. 


**Hemp milk is made my taking 1/3-1/4 cup raw hemp seeds plus 1 cup of milk-- blend this on high for 1 minute and then strain the contents into a measuring cup to catch any residue. Use the strained-liquid as your milke. 




No comments: