Thursday, March 12, 2009

Twist on an Old Fave


Banana Butterscotch Muffins

I think banana breads tend to be slightly boring, dare I say so.... Hence, I defaulted, as always, to my one true love: chocolate chips. In this case, I used butterscotch-flavored ones and quite liked it. I later frosted these suckers with a caramel cream cheese frosting. Yum yum to my tum!

1 cup sugar
1/2 veg. oil
2 eggs
3 ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butterscotch chips, chopped

Cream sugar and oil. Add in eggs and mashed banana. Add flour, soda and salt. Fold in the butterscotch chips (do NOT overmix, please:)), and scoop batter into greased muffin tins. Bake at 350 until JUST done ( about 15 minutes or so).

1 comment:

Maria said...

Love banana recipes!! Looks like a good one!