Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Have You Tried These? Have You?

Concord Grapes.

Like, where have you been all my life?

I know they have an extremely short season (i.e. two weeks in September) in which, you rarely find them in any stores. My eyes have really been on the look out for them these last few weeks and when I about threw in the towel on the whole thing, we were strolling along an outdoor farmers market on Saturday with heavy toddler in hand and husband lost behind me, and these little purple jewels were the last pint perched on this particular produce stand. Christmas miracle.

And just like a jungle cat ready to pounce on its prey, I snagged it, paying nearly $4 for them and with grand intentions of making some concord grape tarts or concord grape sorbet....

..I ate the whole bag on the way home. Not one regret.

DEE-LICH-US.

No comments: