Thursday, May 27, 2010

Garden Goat Cheese Sandwich


So, let me go so far to say that I will eat this sandwich every day for the next month and be as happy as a spring lark. Why? It's so very flavorful, very easy, and extremely healthy! Oohhh I love that feeling when those sprouts wrestle their way down into my system only to spread their vitamins and fiber about. Love that within one meal, I have already checked off two servings of veggies for the day.

I've been trying many variations of this sandwich the last week using up various leftover produce from the fridge, but I've nailed my favorite combination.

What's shown in the picture is NOT exactly what the following recipe reflects, but you know the drill: sandwiches are the most versatile meal in the world, so add or experiment with any veggies you prefer. My recipe below my personal preference. Oohhh throw it to me now!

Garden Goat Cheese Sandwich

2 slices 9-grain bread, toasted
1-2 ounces goat cheese
2 Tbsp ripe avocado
Alfafa sprouts
English Cucumber, thinly sliced
Red leaf lettuce
Tomato, thinly sliced
Red onion, thinly sliced


On warm pieces of toasted bread using a knife, spread goat cheese on one side of bread and on the other, spread out the ripe avocado.

In between the two pieces, stack sprouts, cucumber, lettuce, tomato and onion, as much as the bread will allow, put together, and eat.

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

1 comment:

Egan Metcalf said...

ah man! That looks so good... must be lunch time.