Tuesday, December 20, 2011

December Fruits






Right now as I type, my 3 year old is singing the happy birthday song to Jesus. I'm melting, I'm melting.

How Christmas has sprung up so rapidly I do not know. But I hope to squeeze in at least a few more posts of treats that we've been baking and trying around here before Santa comes. Man, my pants are getting smaller and smaller as we speak.


Here for the moment is a simple little fruit recipe we eat during these colder months of sans strawberries, blueberries, and watermelon. It's sweet and tart and creamy and affordable because most of it is completely seasonal. My local grocery store has had a lot of sales on blackberries lately, which I just hop right all over.

Since you can basically make the recipe from the image, I'll add in some extra help and tell you how to do it. Peel a clementine, set aside. Peel and slice banana, set aside. Cut the outer skin of a ruby red grapefruit off and cut it into segments. Toss all of this together as well as a pint of blackberries. Sprinkle a tiny sugar over it.

And if you want to really go over the edge, throw this over some thick yogurt and drizzle a trifle of honey over it. It's the best winter breakfast ever.

No comments: