Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Island Chicken with Avocado Salsa + Coconut Rice



Aloha. Aloha.




Oh. You thought I've been Hawaiing- it- up, did you? Maybe it's because I've been un-posting for two weeks and you thought I was laying indolently on the beach. And maybe I really threw you off with my tropic-centric greetings.

No no.

It's just that this meal, this one very wonderful meal we had lately kinda takes me to some tropical pacific island. 
Eating just a mere bit is like an instant culinary/mental getaway to somewhere balmy and beachy. 

I hope you try it- this is one of those dishes I think I'll keep making and making and making until someone finally pukes and just can't take it anymore. It's so flavorful, healthy, uncomplicated, and a bit jazzier than most normal dinner meals. Well, most normal meals that WE have, that is. (cough). 

And even though I have a bit of an anathema against eating whole pieces of meat, i.e., a slab of chicken breast in one sitting, this passes as in indisputably delicious meal and it's a good once-in-a-while ritual. 


Lastly, don't judge me, but my body is screaming for sleep tonight, and I just don't have much "type" left in me to knock out this recipe right here in this post, but, I will take you directly to the link and that's pretty much the same thing. One click more and this recipe is yours!


And may I just ask who can really have anything against eating starchy white rice that's been marinated in coconut milk and then topped off with that sweetened flaked-out coconut? It's almost better than a 10 o'clock run to 'seven eleven for a coconut/mango/cherry slurpee.

Almost. 




No comments: